When you are stuck as a developer, what do you do?💭
Table of contents
No headings in the article.
The most common answer to the question When you are stuck as a developer, what do you do?💭 by the developers would be
StackOverflow. But plenty of other resources could revive you when you are stuck. Let me list out the top 5 initial thing that strikes my mind in no particular order.
- Quora: This is similar to StackOverflow, for QA where people can post, answer, and more.
- GitHub: A goto open-source code-hosting platform for beginners to mega organizations. GitHub repositories have the feature of issues and discussions where any registered user can look for the issues and debate based on the problem they are stuck. If no such issues are found, the possibility of opening a new issue is likely because there may be another developer who would face the same issue as well.
- Documentation: The library/framework/software documentation is the go-to for every developer since these are being framed/maintained by the creators. Hence we can get to utilize the tool to the fullest.
- Communities: These are the best place for folks to interact, ask, and answer questions related to almost all domains.
- Social media: This might sound absurd but most of us use social media for publicity, watching reels, etc. But the same platform can be used to reach out to developers for asking solutions to problems faced, career prospects in their field, having a developer chit-chat, and much more. This is a method of potential usage of social media platforms to excel in problems.
These are my go-to ideas when I am stuck on an issue to get it resolved. This is the fourth blog of my Hashnode Writeathon. I was able to maintain the streak and develop a habit of writing blogs.