- Every developer in their life would one day or another would love to showcase their projects, learnings, blogs, and content to the public.
- Hence portfolios are a great way to display their expertise and knowledge to everyone.
- Each developer tries to keep their portfolio unique so that it depicts their authenticity and defines the effort taken to build it.
- Also in recent times, it gives the upper edge to getting shortlisted for jobs since each person has a different perspective and the most efficient way to exhibit all works done by self.
- You could use any tech stack and frameworks of your choice like HTML, CSS, JS, React, TypeScript, etc.
- There are also chances of using no-code platforms like Squarespace, Wix, GoDaddy, Duda, etc.
- There are other developers who use an individual theme for mobile and app portfolios which is not quite common.
- Some follow youtube tutorials and develop their own portfolio. But this is good in the initial stages but not recommended in the long run.
- Some people use GitHub README and generate it as a static page or host it using GitHub pages to show it as their portfolio but this is not advisable as I have done the same in my initial stages and have faced backdrops due to them.
- Even though you have a basic knowledge of Web Dev or App Dev and have nothing much content to add to your portfolio it is recommended to follow a DIY strategy.
- This will help later when you gain content to add to the portfolio.
- Try to make the portfolio responsive to ensure everything is accessible as expected on all devices.
- Try to have these basic headers in your portfolio:
- About Me
- Tech Stack
- Youtube (if you have a channel)
- Certifications (given least priority unless or until it is worth mentioning)
- Add relevant links to projects, experiences, blogs, etc to exhibit the efforts that you have applied to build things.
There is a fact "You develop worthy projects in 3 days at a hackathon, but spend more than 3 months to develop a portfolio"🤣🤣🤣 This is the real truth and has seen many developers experiencing the same condition. But make sure that you have a developer portfolio to showcase at least at the right time of your career which will improve your prospects.